• Removable, adjustable dual aluminum stays.
• S-shaped ERGO-FIT shoulder strap harness with load-lifters.
• Front-load sleeping bag compartment with divider.
• High-density foam padded back panel, with large AIRFLOW™ channels.
• Hinged front pocket, with mesh side gussets.
• Padded grab handles on both sides. Removable media pocket.
• Internal hydration reservoir sleeve and dual exit ports for tube (reservoir not included).
• Adjustable side and bottom compression straps.
• Adjustable sternum strap.
• Soft lashing hardware.
• Dual mesh pockets hold water bottles.
• Convenient zippered pockets.
• Tuck-away rain cover.
Dimensions: 14.25" x 8.75" x 32.00"
Weight: 5.60 pounds
· 840 Denier Nylon - Nylon is a high strength, durable material with excellent wear properties. The term " denier" (D) refers to the size of the yarn used: the larger the denier the bigger the yarn.
The Titan 65 came shipped in a standard brown box. I liked the blue color- it will be hard to not find it while I am out camping or backpacking. Pulling the bag out of the box, what first hit me was the build quality. The bag was made of heavy duty material, and was well stitched. And areas that needed the extra support, such as the shoulder straps, were double stitched. I really liked the thick padding on the shoulder straps and beefy waist strap. The Titan looked like it could easily stand up to the abuse of being an outdoors bag. It came with a small booklet attached to the bag that went over all the features of the bag. The booklet also went over the Air Flow System, and how to properly fit the Titan to you.
All in all, I was very impressed with the High Sierra Titan 65. Its build quality was very good, as well as being full of features. High Sierra seemed to have thought of everything. While some manufacturers come up with features that appear gimmicky, those found on the High Sierra Titan were functional and usable. As with their Air Flow System, I was able to feel some air get back there. The High Sierra Titan has an MSRP of $280, but it can be found for much less. And with a lifetime warranty, you know they stand behind their products. For those in the market for a nice internal frame backpack, the Titan 65 should be on your short list. Based on its design, features, quality, and performance, the High Sierra Titan 65 has earned our Highly Recommended Award. For more info and complete specs, check out their website at http://www.highsierra.com/.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Monday, February 18, 2013
Linner Fabric: Consmetic 2nds calandered 1.1oz 30D Ripstop Nylon
Down Fill: 850 Fill Power Goose Down overfilled by 20% (up to 20% more loft than specified)
Additional Overfill: Available by the ounce
Additional Pad attachment straps– Comes with removable webbing straps that secure the quilt on top of any sleeping pad. (used in place of the elastic straps)
KARO Step Baffles – KARO baffles have gaps in each corner of the box allowing you to move the down from box to box. The down can easily be moved by massaging it around within the quilt to anywhere you want it, but once there the box shape of the KARO STEP baffles keeps it where you put it. Space between baffles has been dramatically reduced for 2013 which greatly increases down control and reduces shifting.
Adjustable Neck closure – A snap secures the quilt around you and the center draw cord is easily adjusted by pulling it inside the quilt. This closures can be opened when the sleeper gets warm and closed tight when needed to seal drafts.
Zippered Foot Box – A 20″ zipper and draw cord allow the foot box to close tightly keeping the heat in but can easily be opened flat or anywhere in the middle to vent when needed. Snaps 6″ and 12″ above the zipper pull the quilt in tight under the thighs when needed or lets you stretch out when it isn’t.
Dual use as Hammock UnderQuilt – Corner hang loops allow the quilts to be used with your own suspension to keep your backside warm in a hammock. (check out our new UnderQuilts for the lightest in dedicated underquilts)
Made in Winona MN– We are proud to build quality products locally in our homes.
Included with each quilt:
Breathable Nylon Storage sack
Pad attachment straps (2)
The Enlightened Equipment makes some great sleeping bags. And so far as bags are concerned, they are considered quilts. They do not have a zipper that goes all the way up the side. The bottom of the bag zips up, and you pull the bag around you. Most people sleep on a pad, and it is the loft that provides the warmth. The pad also insulates you. So the upper part of the bag just gets pulled around you like a blanket. But on really cold nights, there are snaps and straps on the sides, so you can pull the bag snug all around you.
· If you receive your quilt and the sizing isn’t right, we’ll exchange it for one that is
· If you receive it and you hate the colors, we’ll exchange it for one you will like
· If you find quilts aren’t for you we can refund your purchase within 60 days of purchase (this limit is imposed by our payment processor)
· We will repair any damage due to error in production for the life of your quilt or provide a replacement should we see fit
· We will repair damage due to extended use as long as the material will take it (there may be reasonable fees depending on the damage)
· If you are unhappy for any reason not specified above contact us and we will do our best to make it right for you
When processing returns or exchanges the customer is responsible for all shipping charges, please contact us before returning merchandise."
Sunday, February 10, 2013