Audio-Technica is known for providing very good bang for your buck. And that appears to hold true for the Audio-Technica ATH-S700BT. They are an over the ear style headphone. The ear cups also rotate for easier storage. Their lightweight design also helps make them comfortable for long listening periods.
Features and specs:
· Bluetooth wireless technology with mic and music & volume controls built into the earcup for answering/ending calls, controlling music & video playback and controlling volume on Bluetooth wireless devices
· Remembers up to eight devices and automatically connects with the last paired device
· Housings contain an acoustic chamber that’s separate from the electronics and helps to maximize driver performance
· 40 mm drivers for outstanding sound quality
· Built-in headphone amplifier ensures clear and accurate sound reproduction from the wireless signal
· Soft, memory foam earpads provide a comfortable fit with outstanding sound isolation
· Smooth, easily adjustable headband slider ensures a comfortable fit
· Headphones fold flat for easy transport
· Internal battery provides six hours of continuous use (200 hours on standby) on a full charge
· 1.2 m (3.9') cable with mic/controls provides a wired connection for when wireless operation is prohibited (e.g., in airplanes or hospitals) or when battery power is low
· Includes 1.0 m (3.3') USB charging cable
The Audio-Technica ATH-S700BT came in a nice looking box with colored photos and specs for the product. They were well protected in a custom fitted box. Materials used in the construction was mostly plastic. Quality of materials used was good. The fit and finish was also good. They are also very light. And while they are light, they are not cheap or cheaply made. Also included were the owners' manual, charging cable, audio cable and soft carry bag.
The instructions were very easy to follow, and walked you thru how to get them charged and paired with my HTC One M9. I also liked the ability to be able to use the included audio cable, incase either the battery dies, or you have a non-wireless device. The earcups were very comfortable and gave a very good seal. And the Bluetooth radio worked very well. I was able to go over 50 feet away from my smartphone, and thru multiple walls with having great perfectly clear sound. They seemed to be a great bang for the buck, and couldn't wait to hear how they sound!
David Bowie: Let's Dance, kick drum played deep and with a lot of authority. Wood knocker showed good resolution and a wide soundstage. Vocals were very natural with good texture with nice smoothness. Journey: Don't Stop Believing, piano was impressively natural sounding. Vocals were nice and smooth with great timber and texture. Kick drum had very nice depth, impact, and played with authority. Also Sprach Zarathustra, revealed excellent low end extension and depth, with very good authority. Trumpets sounded very smooth and clean and a nice wide soundstage. Tympani had very nice dynamics, impact, and resolution. Junior Wells: Why Are People Like That, vocals were very natural sounding with excellent resolution and texture. Bass had very good depth and output. Harmonica had really nice clean harmonics with excellent dynamics. Gershwin: Rhapsody In Blue, clarinet was really natural with good tone and woodiness. Trumpet was really clean and smooth without being brassy. Bassoon had nice depth and texture. Timpani had nice impact. They threw a really wide soundstage and imaging was very good.
Audio-Technica is known for giving a very good bang for your buck with their products. In terms of the ATH-S700BT, they hit it out of the park! The Audio-Technica ATH-S700BT are a perfect example. They had a very neutral sound with very good resolution, and bass. And they would give other models twice their price a run for their money! Based on their design, features, quality, and performance, the Audio-Technica ATH-S700BT has earned our Highly Recommended Award. For more info, check out their website at www.audio-technica.com.